Big thanks from little people goes a long way. Here’s a way for kids to share their appreciation with a special adult who’s made a difference to them.
1. Ask your child to think of someone they want to thank. It could be Mom, grandma, their favorite Teacher, Crossing Guard, or the Mail Deliverywoman!
2. Download and print our Mightier thank you stationery. Have kids use the notecard to tell this person why they are special to them.
3. We’ve started things off with sentence suggestions for kids who need a little help, and also included sheets of blank stationery.
4. Add stickers, color in the Lavaling pictures, make it your own!
5. Put the note in an envelope to mail, or deliver the card in person and make their day.
Part of social awareness is thinking intentionally about others, recognizing others’ strengths, and showing appreciation. Use this activity to help your child build social awareness and express their appreciation for important people in their life.