Undergraduate Research Assistant
Us in a nutshell
Mightier is a child-centered, evidence-based, digital program that uses biometric feedback so children learn, practice and apply lifelong coping skills through game-based play. With both online and offline activities, Mightier supports the development of the whole child so that kids can live healthier, happier lives. Developed at Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Mightier is clinically proven to help kids ages 6 to 14 prepare for life’s big emotions. To date, more than 2.5 million games have been played on the Mightier app by more than 100,000 kids.
Why is this role important?
Mightier has kicked off an exciting, NIMH-funded partnership with healthcare payors to show that digital interventions can lessen overall mental health expenditures and ultimately help drive access to an important new wave of therapeutic tools. In this role as an undergraduate research assistant, you’ll be a vital contributor to this project by facilitating study visits and maintaining communication with your assigned participants.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a part-time undergraduate research assistant to virtually facilitate study visits, manage study data and keep up to date on communication with your assigned participants. The job is ideal for an undergraduate looking for human subjects research experience.
Hours: 8-16 hours/week on an as-needed basis, 4-6 hours of meetings per month (does not include training time). Evening availability preferred.
Things You’ll Do:
- Facilitate virtual 2-hour study visits
- Organize materials for study visits
- Complete forms with caregivers, including assistance with submitting information from their insurance companies
- Facilitate clinical rater data collection and interview with participants
- Schedule study visits by coordinating yours, additional study staff, and the participant’s schedules
- Keep up to date with communication with participants
- Send emails in a timely manner
- Reschedule visits as needed
- Complete required trainings on research ethics and measure administration as needed
- Participate in a lab meeting and 1:1 with a supervisor per week (1-1.5 hours total/week)
What You’ll Need:
- Current undergraduate student with interest in psychology or clinical research
- Demonstrated interest or experience in research or community service
- Comfortable with interacting with parents/caregivers of young children. We are looking for someone who is empathetic, patient, and kind, and who will be willing to troubleshoot with families
- Exceptional communication skills with colleagues and participants
- Diligent, organized, with high attention to detail and willingness to ask for help when necessary
- Flexible hours
The Research Study: Mightier is a therapeutic tool in the form of a video game that has been shown to help children learn how to regulate their emotions. It accomplishes this by showing children live feedback on their heart rate. Our study has two purposes: first, to see if at home use of Mightier will help lessen emotional dysregulation and irritability in children and decrease family stress. Second, we want to see if Mightier can reduce the cost of overall behavioral health care.
- Send your resume and cover letter as attachments to [email protected] with “Undergraduate Research Assistant” as the subject line. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Work Requirements: You must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Contract, Part-Time