- 5 to 7 minutes
- In person
This check-in activity allows clients to reflect on their experiences while helping make connections between their emotions and heart rate.
Time in Mightier program
- Develop emotional awareness
- Develop body awareness
- Increase emotional vocabulary
- Practice self-reflection
- Practice communication and social skills
- Support client’s understanding and enjoyment of Mightier
Client and clinician engaged in a check-in intervention using the Mightier biofeedback tool. This intervention allowed the client to reflect on their experiences while focusing on emotional and body awareness, increasing emotional vocabulary, practicing self-reflection, and developing social skills.
Heart rate monitor
- Have the client put on their heart rate monitor and turn on their tablet.
- Have your client share about events that happened since the last time you met with them. If prompts are needed, use below:
What was the best part of your week?
What is the most exciting thing that happened?
What didn’t go as well as you had hoped?
What was the worst part of this week?
- While they are sharing experiences, ask your client to notice and report back where their heart rate is on the Gizmo.
- When the client’s heart rate increases into the red or decreases in the blue, ask what they notice about their body and feelings when these changes occur.
What do you notice about your body right now?
What are you feeling right now as you talk about this experience with me?
Do your feelings match your heart rate on the Gizmo?
- Repeat this process with experiences that the client has had throughout the week. If the client is well-versed in Mightier language then you can ask the client to guess what section of the Gizmo they may be in before they tell a certain part of their story.