Mightier is a family-based program developed at Boston Children’s Hospital that empowers children to build emotional strength and supports the caregivers who love them. With Mightier’s innovative game system, players are able to practice keeping their “cool” while playing fun, award-winning mobile games. Three clinical trials at Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and Mass General have shown Mightier works as well as medications. The program has served over 25,000 families with over 10 million games played. Our mission is to empower every child to build emotional strength.
Why is this role important?
Mightier grows every day, and we are seeking a creative and detail-oriented engineering manager to join our growing product and engineering team. In this role, you will help drive the direction of our customer management and B2B product in order bring it to the next level with features and robustness. You’ll do this by leading a team responsible for the application surrounding our customer’s family’s journey. If you enjoy mentoring engineers, leading a small team and want to build a product you’d be proud to have your family and close friends use, then we want to hear from you!
- Squad leadership: Run a small and growing team, where you’ll own collaborating with the product team in order to build out complex use cases around our customer management.
- Mentor junior engineers technically and professionally
- Manage internal and external resources to accelerate product development
- Scale our infrastructure: help us scale 10x with an eye towards 100x, 1000x by leading development in a scalable, forward thinking approach
- Usability: make sure that what we build delights our customers and is intuitive to use
Relevant experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- At least 6+ years of software development experience.
- At least 1+ years of management or team lead experience
- Ability to set up systems that ensure a high-quality end product.
- Strong competency in at least one programming language and sound knowledge of software engineering principles, i.e. object-oriented design, algorithmic complexity, and software design patterns.
- Familiar with agile development methodologies and iterative design.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to participate in a culture of feedback and collaboration.
- You like to take ownership from the inception of a feature through delivery & monitoring in production.
We are still a small team and many of us come from incredibly varied career backgrounds. You will be working and communicating with psychologists, game designers, scientists, and parents to push Mightier forward. What unites us is that we all believe in the product and the impact it has. We care about every family, and we cultivate a free and open work environment where everyone’s voice is heard.
Interested? Email resume to: [email protected]