Mightier is a family-based program developed at Boston Children’s Hospital that empowers children to build emotional strength and supports the caregivers who love them. With Mightier’s innovative game system, players are able to practice keeping their “cool” while playing fun, award-winning mobile games. Three clinical trials at Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and Mass General have shown Mightier works as well as medications. The program has served over 25,000 families with over 10 million games played. Our mission is to empower every child to build emotional strength.
Why is this role important?
Mightier grows every day, and we are seeking a creative and detail-oriented engineer to join our growing product and engineering team. In this role, you will help drive the direction of our Unity product and bring it to the next level with features and robustness. You’ll do this by working with team responsible for the application and surrounding software that Mightier kids interact with. If you enjoy owning and building a product you’d be proud to have your family and close friends use, then we want to hear from you!
- Product development: be part of a small and growing team where you will have a big impact on all aspects of product development.
- Build foundational features: you’ll need to balance product/design initiatives with maintaining the integrity and quality of the game experience. A few projects on the horizon:
- Metagame rework
- Deep game mechanic integrations with Mightier heart rate monitor
- Family-based multiplayer experiences
- Help build a robust UX architecture allowing for faster development of more dynamic player experiences
Relevant experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- At least 4+ years of software development experience.
- At least 2+ years of mobile application or Unity development, or at least 1 shipped title
- Ability to set up systems that ensure a high-quality end product.
- Strong competency in at least one programming language and sound knowledge of software engineering principles, i.e. object-oriented design, algorithmic complexity, and software design patterns.
- Familiar with development lifecycle out to Google & Apple app stores
- Familiar with agile development methodologies and iterative design.
- Willingness to participate in a culture of feedback and collaboration.
We are still a small team and many of us come from incredibly varied career backgrounds. You will be working and communicating with psychologists, game designers, scientists, and parents to push Mightier forward. What unites us is that we all believe in the product and the impact it has. We care about every family, and we cultivate a free and open work environment where everyone’s voice is heard.
Interested? Email resume to: [email protected]