Mightier is a family-based program developed at Boston Children’s Hospital that empowers children to build emotional strength and supports the caregivers who love them. With Mightier’s innovative game system, players are able to practice keeping their “cool” while playing fun, award-winning mobile games. Three clinical trials at Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and Mass General have shown Mightier works as well as medications. The program has served over 25,000 families with over 10 million games played. Our mission is to empower every child to build emotional strength.
Why is this role important?
We believe the best way to solve the access, stigma, and engagement problems in mental health is to give families direct access to an empowering, proven program. There are >20M+ kids struggling with ADHD and anxiety and millions more who could benefit from learning self-regulation to help them thrive in life.
The Director of Brand and Content Strategy will oversee the development of the company-wide, integrated communication plan across Mightier (consumer, healthcare, product and marketing). The Director will collaborate across all business areas to ensure overall messaging and creative strategy is consistent and effective. This role will work collaboratively across the marketing function to identify key topics and themes, work with a team of writers and designers to create stunning content (digital and traditional advertising, white papers, case studies, video testimonials and tutorials, infographics, web and app copy, social media assets) and ensure that all content is fresh, up-to-date and follows Mightier’s brand and messaging standards.
This role will work with the CMO to identify the appropriate channels (paid, earned, owned) for the amplification of content to meet measurable business objectives. As a strategy lead, the Director will help elevate and disseminate the Mightier story across all touchpoints (customers, prospects, product, pr, social) as well as participate in journey mapping exercises, determining communications opportunities (when/where) and lead strategy development for high visibility communication campaigns.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned leader with a background in consumer and healthcare brand and messaging. This individual must be willing to operate at a strategic level but also “lean in” at a tactical level to drive strategy and execution across functional areas.
- Leads the marketing communications planning process, to build and manage execution of an annual enterprise-wide marketing communications plan.
- Partners closely with the CMO, Family Care and Product to align on key messaging goals, learning agenda, measurement plan, and messaging opportunities.
- Develops detailed Messaging strategies to support the marketing plan across all audiences and channels – both at an integrated campaign level as well as across individual channels when necessary: website, app, email, push notifications, SMS, PR, social media, paid advertising and partnerships.
- Creates and manages a detailed editorial calendar for seasonal and themed campaigns.
- Partners with Family Care and Product teams to determine messaging opportunities across the consumer journey – what messages should be developed, what kind of formats should be considered and when they should be deployed.
- Drives asset and content development including; identifying what types of content should be created, co-created or curated and drives execution with both internal and external designers, copywriters, videographers’, and partners.
- Manages monitoring for customer/prospect reaction, optimization and measurement and learning.
- Develops standard operating model and workflow/procedures for the planning, execution, optimization, distribution, and amplification of the organization’s content.
- Continuously identifies ways to innovate content creation & distribution; including new formats or executions, and emerging market opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in brand planning and content strategy. Consumer and Healthcare experience is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional storytelling, editing and writing skills.
- Skilled at developing strategies that deliver content across a broad range of lengths (long-form + short-form) and formats (websites, apps, white papers, social media, blogposts, video).
- Strong communicator and strategic thinker with a proven ability to translate complex concepts into easily digestible and compelling content.
- Has sophisticated understanding of contemporary content marketing analytics and experience working with marketing leadership to assess content marketing ROI and optimize programs, accordingly,
- Performance-oriented, and easily able to translate data into meaningful insights and strategies.
- Demonstrates capacity to communicate effectively with senior leadership, colleagues, peers and direct reports.
- Ability to effectively lead and influence, as well as move quickly, and develop collaborative cross-functional relationships.
- Strong communicator, verbally and written as well as strong presenter.
We are still a small team and many of us come from incredibly varied career backgrounds. You will be working and communicating with psychologists, game designers, scientists, and parents to push Mightier forward. What unites us is that we all believe in the product and the impact it has. We care about every family, and we cultivate a free and open work environment where everyone’s voice is heard.
Interested? Email resume to: [email protected]