Mightier is a family-based program developed at Boston Children’s Hospital that empowers children to build emotional strength and supports the caregivers who love them. With Mightier’s innovative game system, players are able to practice keeping their “cool” while playing fun, award-winning mobile games. Three clinical trials at Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and Mass General have shown Mightier works as well as medications. The program has served over 25,000 families with over 10 million games played. Our mission is to empower every child to build emotional strength.
Why is this role important?
We believe the best way to solve the access, stigma, and engagement problems in mental health is to give families direct access to an empowering, proven program. There are >20M+ kids struggling with ADHD and anxiety and millions more who could benefit from learning self-regulation to help them thrive in life.
We are looking for someone to help drive visual concepting, manage the art production process, and assist in art asset implementation of the Mightier experience. This job requires an in-depth understanding of all aspects of visual design in game development including concepting, 2D and 3D art, and user interface design. We are looking for someone with a strong sense of creativity while also being able to meet a high artistic standard of quality. As well as assisting in the creation of art assets, this role would include managing and hiring artists and animators to fulfill the needs of the game experience.
- Collaborate with product, design, and engineering teams to create and implement art assets into the game experience
- Create and manage an art production pipeline and process
- Independently provide solutions to visual issues with the Mightier experience
- Hire and manage an art team to fulfill game needs
- Be the voice of an art team and work with them to create high quality professional game assets
- Report to the Chief Product Officer
Relevant experience and qualifications:
- Expert Portfolio showcasing visual design skills
- 10+ years experience working with Games and Game Engines
- Have shipped several Games
- Experience with Mobile Game Development
- Expert understanding of the game art creation process and production pipelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with media for a young audience
- Expert creativity
We are still a small team and many of us come from incredibly varied career backgrounds. You will be working and communicating with psychologists, game designers, scientists, and parents to push Mightier forward. What unites us is that we all believe in the product and the impact it has. We care about every family, and we cultivate a free and open work environment where everyone’s voice is heard.
Interested? Email resume to: [email protected]